July 4th Cover Contest!
We are looking for a young artist to design the cover of Bel Air's 4th of July Celebration Brochure.
If you are an artist between the ages of 5 and 14, get your creativity flowing and give designing a try while following these simple guidelines:
- Subject Matter/Design: Your design and illustration should reflect this year's theme: A Salute to American Heroes!
- Medium: Any medium is welcome (crayon, watercolor, etc.) as long as the design is colorful. Use dense colors if possible — they look best!
- No Words: Because we add title, date, etc., during the printing process, please do not include any words in your artwork.
- Size and Dimension: Designs should be 11" wide x 17" deep with a half-inch margin all around the art ("portrait" layout, not "landscape" layout). Scale sizes are ok; for instance, artwork 5 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" deep would also work. See the illustration! We have also included a few examples of the winning artwork from previous years.
- Include Contact Information: Make sure that the name, age, and contact information of the artist, along with the school and art teacher (if applicable) is written on the back of the design. The winning artist will be contacted by the committee for further information; we will attempt to the best of our ability to return all entries!
- Deadline: SUBMIT your design by JUNE 1, 2018, to the Bel Air Independence Day Committee, P.O. Box 724, Bel Air, Maryland 21014, or drop it off at 508 Rock Spring Road, Bel Air (offices of Balsamo, Stewart, Lutters & Ruth), no later than JUNE 1. DO NOT DROP OFF ENTRIES AT BEL AIR TOWN HALL!
Any and all submissions may be displayed on our web site, printed in the program or used by the Independence Day Committee for its purposes
The winning artist will receive a cash award, have his or her art work printed in color as the front cover of the official 2018 Bel Air 4th of July brochure, and be featured in a bio-article in the brochure.